Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Powellze 38 posts 73 karma points
    Mar 11, 2010 @ 10:48
    Powellze

Umbraco 4.0.3 {localLink:xxxx} not replaced at front end

Hi Guys and gals,

It's been a while now since we have been using Umbraco and only about a year into our client using this we have come across an issue that we are currently unable to resolve yet..

Problem

When in the umbraco CMS when editing a field using the rich text editor our client adds text, then highlights the text and clicks the link button.

This then brings up the Insert/edit link box, at this point my client uses the node selector and clicks update. This renders into the HTML an Html anchor with a href of "/{locallink:1234}". At this point I don't expect any replacements of the local link as its an adminsitration area, however once this page is published I didn't expect the link to published with the url "/{localLink:1234}".

This link does not work and the only way I have got my client to get around the node selecting is to have another browser window open and copy the correct URL from the browser window into the URL field when inserting the link.

Has anyone resolved this localLink problem or come across this, I don't think this is a bug yet, but I have not come across this in the forums with a solution or on CodePlex?

Many Thanks,

Tim

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Mar 11, 2010 @ 11:03
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Tim,

Local links should only get replaced at run time, when the page is requested and the umbraco "engine" replaces the local links with their "real" url.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

Mar 11, 2010 @ 12:09
    Powellze

Hi Dirk,

That is what I expected however I can confirm that these url's are not being replaced with the real URL. We currently have two Umbraco versions in use and both 4.0.3 and 4.0.2 have this behaviour.

Have you ever come across the problem when this happens? I can only assume that the setup we have implemented could be causing this issue?

We do use the umbraco friendly url mode, not sure if that matters?

Many thanks for your help :)

Mar 18, 2010 @ 10:18
    Powellze

Hi again,

I am wondering if anyone can add to this, as I am not sure if this is a bug within umbraco since this has occured on three installations over two versions?

Thanks - Tim

• Murray Roke 503 posts 966 karma points c-trib
    Aug 17, 2010 @ 07:10
    Murray Roke

I'm not the best one to answer this, as I'm not sure where the replacement occurs, did you find out? perhaps your master page trail does have MasterPageFile="/umbraco/masterpages/default.master" at it's very root?

Oct 21, 2010 @ 13:03
    Powellze

Hi Murray, Sorry for such a late response. I have checked the root masterpage file and it is definitely using the umbraco default masterpage that you mentioned.

I still haven't been able to resolve this, it is quite a big problem as we cannot add links using the 'insert/edit link' within the editor. I have now got a new version of Umbraco which does the same version 4.5.2.  Is anyone else having this issue and resolved this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft